Wednesday, February 25, 2009

What Can You Spell?

I made a set of these blocks for us and for each of our married kids...thank you Vicki for the idea! Most of the time ours spell "FAMILY", but the other day I came home to find that they spelled "I am fly"! Which reminds me of a very funny story...Last fall my husband and I went to see our grandchildren (& their parents) that live back East. We left a delighted 18 year old son on his own..."hurray a whole week without Mom to nag me!" He got a little bored one night and thought my Halloween "BOO" blocks needed a little something more...here is what greeted me when I came walking in the kitchen from the airport...

(These blocks NOT AVAILABLE for order!)

12 comments:

ty and megs said...

i read those block and had to read it 2 more time to make sure that is what is really said, because why would me mother blog about boobs?!

gotta love tyler. and gotta love that he went to the effort of making two additional blocks all on his own. what a crafty kid. :)

Jill said...

What a hilarious story. Quite a creative cousin I've got!

Emily said...

That definetly made me double take too. Wait, Boo's or Boobs? Wait. HA!! That is so funny. At least Tyler was on to something- considering October is breast cancer awareness month! :)

Kaitlin Heckert said...

I LOVE that! I think everyone had to read it a few times. Too funny! So hilarious to see the word spelled out all crafty and cute. I would buy it. You know, you might make a bit of money going into business for teenagers.

Kara said...

I really think that could be a great vinyl opportunity. I would definitely have boob blocks up in my house.

Mikie said...

I'll admit it, there was no double-taking on my part. Of course, I came from Megan's blog looking for mischief... haha, classic. He really made additional blocks for that? Even better!

Erin said...

Very funny. Did he really make those extra blocks? Who knew Tyler was so crafty?

Birrell Family said...

Gotta love that Tyler is right! What house would not be more complete with BOOBS? His talent is just starting to blossom... imagine the possibilities :)

Juli said...

Hah! Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha! Can you imagine what the world would look like if 18-year-old boys were in charge of decorating it?

Em and Jorg said...

You are a cool mom to see the humor in that! Oh, AND...they're super cute blocks. I love that idea!

Brianne Christopher said...

Hilarious! At least he has a sense of humor, right?

bulkleybunch said...

wow! where have i been? you've been an update maniac!! i LOVE what you came home to! haha! he's a keeper, that's for sure!