Thursday, January 27, 2011

WE BELIEVE!

I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints...I am a Mormon! I get to serve in the Young Womens' organization of our Church with girls 12 -18 years of age. Each year we have a new theme. Last year our theme was from the Bible in Joshua 1:9..."Be strong and of a good courage". This year our theme is our 13th Article of Faith:

We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous and in doing good to all men; in deed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul --- We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.


To remind the girls of what we are seeking after, we will be making these wood blocks in an upcoming craft night...


As the year goes on, we will probably add a couple of more blocks to our set. This particular picture of Christ was one painted by Carl Bloch (see quote on sidebar)...the other photo is of some of my beautiful young women!

7 comments:

Kaitlin Heckert said...

Oh that's my FAVORITE Article of Faith! I especially love the part "If there is anything virtuous, lovely or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things." Couldn't put it any better! And I'm sure you are the COOLEST and FUNNEST YW leader ever!

Kara said...

Very cute. I bet the YW love you!!!

Bombshell Char said...

I just got called into the YW too; Laurel Adviser. I'm scared stiff, if you have any good advice send it my way!

Betsy said...

Love all your new projects, amazing as always!!

Emily said...

I love it! Those girls are so lucky to have you!

Birrell Family said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this!

MSmith said...

Where did you get the picture of Christ that you are using? I've always loved it. Beautiful young women, a beautiful future for the next generation.