Monday, February 25, 2008

If Walls Could Talk...

Spring is on its way...I hope! I hope!...time to do that infamous "spring cleaning" or at least a little sprucing up. What about a new coat of paint, or easier than that, a new vinyl quote for the wall...takes far less time! I recently came across these quotes and we bonded...so of course they needed to find a home in my house. I love Jane Austen books, I've lost count how many times I have seen Pride and Prejudice...it is one of my "comfort movies" that I turn on to relax to when I'm too tired to think but not ready to sleep, or to use as company while working on a project...usually vinyl! This quote isn't from that movie, but I identify with the sentiment; as much as I love to go out, there is nothing like coming back home, putting on your PJ's, wrapping up in your favorite quilt, and curling up to a good book or "chick flick"...a little chocolate dessert adds the final touch! I also love days when I can be home just puttering about in my PJ's, ...whoever invented flannel PJ pants, "I LOVE YOU!"

"There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort."
Jane Austen

I found this quote in a magazine. Being almost an "empty nester" and hating every minute of it, I really liked this quote from Margaret Wise Brown's The Runaway Bunny. Half of my "runaway bunnies" are in other States, so this quote is on the staircase wall as you go down to the room where they stay when they come home to "my tree". I remember reading this book with my children when they were little and look forward to reading it with my grandchildren!

"If you become a bird and fly away from me," said his mother,
"I will be a tree that you come home to."

This next picture is something one of my "runaway bunnies" did to her new home, albeit a small apartment with those white walls you aren't supposed to paint!? Her husband is still in school and they can't afford to do a lot of redecorating, but thanks to TARGET shelves and a good vinyl connection, it doesn't keep her from having a very nice home!

The most important work you will ever do
will be within the walls of your own home.
- Harold B. Lee -

A dear family friend has parents who have been out of the country for almost three years. She and her siblings are surprising them with a family room re-do...taking down old wall paper and repainting. They now have the perfect space for a Grandparents "Wall of Fame"...pictures of the existing grandchildren and lots of room for future additions!

The Packard Posterity
Families are Forever

I just finnished this 7 1/2 foot wood board for OREM FLORAL. As new owners they wanted a new slogan and look for their shop. Here's what they picked...

Fresh Flowers Make Good Scents

So what do your walls say?


2 comments:

ty and megs said...

My walls would say nothing but "boring white apartment walls" without you!

I love the Packards new basement decor. That is going to be such a fun surprise for them! Just make sure they don't somehow see this blog! :)

Becky said...

Great blog, Kathy Jo. I want to do them all - I'll call. I've added you to our "You're the Best" list.