Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Oh, the Places You'll Go!

I just finished de-cluttering & re-organizing the toy attic/playroom...I love how it turned out too! I made curtains, painted mountains, & added vinyl cars, clouds & lettering...vinyl, what a surprise! My inspiration was Dr. Suess' Oh, the Places You'll Go!


I was only going to paint this one wall, but I was so pleased with how it turned out, and had so much fun doing it, I had to do another wall!


The cherry on top of this project was that I got the mattress on clearance for $10 (it's Pottery Barn too!) and the sheets were on sale from TARGET...who doesn't love a bargain, especially when it doesn't look like one!

Now all I need is my grandchildren to come play in it!

8 comments:

ty and megs said...

Mom! The attic looks darling! Mckinlay is going to be in heaven. I can just imagine her huge smile as she bounces on the mattress. It turned out amazing, but no surprise there.

love you!

Rachel said...

Way cute! I love the vinyl cars!!

Em and Jorg said...

Wow!! This is just ADORABLE. So so cute! Maybe Mckinlay and Addie will have Rebecca over to play sometime!

Diane said...

Kathy Jo,
That is absolutely darling. You are so creative and I love what you are doing with the vinyl lettering, etc. Your grandchildren are not going to want to come down to earth when they discover this gem! Nicely done.

Adam and Bri said...

This is so adorable. I want to play in it! :)

Becky said...

So creative and inspiring. You get great ideas.

Shawn on Vacation said...

Aunty Kathy- this room is so cute. I love the rolling hills and little cars. I must say I'm not surprised though.

bulkleybunch said...

you are amazing!!! that is the cutest thing ever!! i love that book. you make a mean mother's day dessert too! i think i gained 5 pounds! love ya.