Wednesday, June 3, 2009

It all started with a leak....

Out of town for a week and a half + plumbing leak under kitchen sink = big headache for 2 months! I won't bore you with the saga of being without a kitchen, moving furniture and us in and out of rooms, noises, smells, cleaning up after repair men, repairing things after repair men, etc., but it is behind us now! Insurance paid for much of what we did, but there are always additional expenses and then additional projects...for instance: since I had moved everything out of my craft room I might as well de-wallpaper and repaint it! I have such a hard time deciding on paint color and this time wasn't without it's trauma, but I love the end result! I chose a Laura Ashley color Wintergreen Ash. I want this room to not only be functional, but fun! I have no decorating budget but I do have my "trusty" vinyl machine...I use that endearment with my fingers crossed as my machine was broken during this same time...oh, the frustration?! We are now on speaking terms again and it appears to be working if I am really nice to it!? I really liked these wall plaques that I saw in a magazine, but not for $229...EACH!




Now I have my version for $19.99 each, the cost of a large clearance frame! Note the chocolate lamp, which until recently was blue and pink flowers...spray paint is our friend!

12 comments:

ty and megs said...

love it! i'll me needing budget friendly (aka free because i'm your daughter) decorations come next week when we're in our new house!!

Birrell Family said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!
And a great deal too! Can it get any better? I love creating something from nothing... i find it very fulfilling (Of course i don't know how the other 20% of the people live that actually spend that much money)
Thank goodness for leaks :)

Diane said...

Looks fabulous Kathy JO! I am excited to see it person....Hurrah!

Adam and Bri said...

oh, i love that laura ashley paint color. so pretty!

and i'm glad you're out of the leaky woods! :)

Juli said...

Plumbing woes: Uggh!
Wall Plaques: Ooh!

Hope you guys are doing well =)

Kara said...

What a fabulous idea!

Emily said...

SO cute! I love those! You are so crafty and creative, what a great idea!

papio said...

You're something else honey! Love Ya, Love Ya! Art

McKinlay Family said...

I Love Love it all. You inspired me to do my office, but I need the plaque thing you did... Can you hook me up? You are amazing, but that is known by all. Thanks for being you.

bulkleybunch said...

pretty impressive happy jo! you definitely have a knack for cuteness! i saw that van out there in front of your house forever and wondered what was up.??? that stinks! i'm sorry. sure do love you.

Diane said...

Kathy Jo...they are darling! I love your constant flow of creative ideas. Can't wait to see it in person!

Diane said...

So this is my 3RD comment...to explain why I have two comments already. I think it has something to do with stress overload and senior moments! But at least you know I am sincere about seeing it in person!