Sunday, July 5, 2009

What Do Scraps Lead Too?

I recently finished sewing a quilt for my soon to be born first grandson...it could be this week?! The quilt is being stippled right now and then all I have to do is bind it. Meanwhile, I have had these scraps of material left over that I felt needed to be used for something? That together with the frequent grocery store sightings of infant carrier covers, and this project was born...my version of an infant carrier cover!

Of course I had to buy another yard of fabric for the underside, but I no longer have big enough scraps leftover that call out to me, "Sew me, sew me!"...I'm kind of a use it up/waste not kind of person!? I dug through my tin of buttons and added these to the straps...

So to further answer the question, "What do scraps lead to?"....
DA TA TA DA! . . .
NEW ITEM for sale!

The "WHERE'S BABY?" will be my first non-vinyl addition of things that can be ordered from Chocolates for Breakfast...usually I will make the cover with two different fabrics and not do a patchwork. You can supply your own fabric or just give me a color scheme. Choose between ribbon ties or coordinating fabric for the attachments to the handle.

Special thanks to Hollie for letting me borrow her infant carrier to use as a guide...let me know your colors Hollie and I will make one for you as a baby gift!

(...and yes, my material speaks to me...so does chocolate unfortunately..."EAT ME, EAT ME!" loud and clear!...I think I hear some calling now...)

7 comments:

ty and megs said...

mckinlay just sat down to the computer and said "happy jo made those?" i think she's a fan.

i'll place my order for a cover in red, blue and brown please.

Kara said...

Super cute! I can see a lot of happy babies in your future.

Melanie said...

The cover is just darling!

Adam and Bri said...

so super fun! love it.

McKinlay Family said...

You are amazing...

Juli said...

Oh what a cute idea! Wish you'd started this about 8 years ago =).

bulkleybunch said...

multi-talented happy jo! could i be so lucky?! you're the creative mastermind so it's all in your hands! and seriously, you are silly, i don't need a gift, 4 babies is a lot of gifts to give:) i still can't picture me with another monster. what was i thinking?!?!