Wednesday, May 28, 2008

"She usually cried at least once a day..."

A dear friend just celebrated her birthday. I know exactly what I want to give her because of the last conversation we had. She told me about her three year old daughter and how she often cried because she was so happy or because something was so beautiful...SHE'S THREE?! I understood completely and knew immediately that I wanted to make something using this quote...
"She usually cried at least once a day not because she was sad
but because
the world was so beautiful life
was so short."
Bri
an Andreas

I can't believe a man wrote this, but maybe it is a woman with a man's name? Then again, I have seen my husband cry when our daughter danced, and my Dad cry when his granddaughter played the piano. This quote and others can be found in a great little book called Girlfriends Forever by Susan Branch. It's a compilation of thoughts, quotes, words of wisdom, and recipes (of course chocolate ones!) Another dear friend gave this book to me after my Mom passed away. My only sister has also passed away...I miss both of them terribly! As a result, I dearly treasure the special women in my life...my "sisters"... my "daughters"...my "girlfriends"! I love you all more than words can say! Here are just a few of my favorite "girlfriend" quotes...

"Well-behaved women rarely make history."
Laurel ThatcherUlrich

"I don't know much about being a millionaire,
but I b
et I'd be darling at it."
Doro
thy Parker

"When women are depressed they either eat or go shopping.
Men invade another country.
It's a whole diffe
rent way of thinking."
Elayne
Boosler

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 comments:

ty and megs said...

you know that is my all time favorite quote! and "brian" must be a woman, or the "she" he is referring to must be his wife or something. :)

it's pretty obvious who the dancer in the family is. see the different in maddle and my shimmy technique!?

Emily said...

that millionary quote is now one of my favorites! I loved this whole post, so sweet!

Adam and Bri said...

This post made me cry! I miss Grandma and Aunt Patty, too.

And thank goodness for women, because what would we do with just men! :)

bulkleybunch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bulkleybunch said...

okay so i messed up the quote and had to delete my comment, here i am again, hopefully i'll get it right this time!! "well-behaved women rarely make history" gotta be one of my favorites, i love it! and i love you happy jo! you make us all happy. thanks! and girls rule! :)

Becky said...

Darling, darling post.