Monday, March 22, 2010

QUICK guest bathroom re-do...

Well, maybe not all that quick...but only because I couldn't lock in to just what I wanted to do?! Then I got hooked up with these Amy Butler hand towels (thanks Kara!)...

which finally got me in gear to what I wanted to do with the old window I found at the "junk" store...thank you Emily for the fun outing to Star Mill General Store in AF!


Look closely in the lower left pane to see the little birdie perched on the limb. Couldn't get a good picture of it, but it is my nod to the latest bird craze that is going around. I was debating whether or not to paint the window, but have decided to go with the "old charm" look and not! I used silver etched-look vinyl for the limb to create a subtle look.

I really can't believe I am putting orange in my house! I grew up with orange EVERYWHERE ...orange bedspreads, curtains, tablecoths, furniture, etc., etc., including orange shag carpet! It was great but it had worn out its welcome, but now I see it slowly creeping its way back into my life...Mom, you must be looking down from Heaven and smiling!

I am also all about re-purposing! Put a coat of paint on something rather than go buy something new, change up your room simply by putting furniture/accessories in different places or rooms, and see what you have in your cupboard that you can pull out...

Welcome back (out of the closet) little jade tree! The little bird next to it I found in the dollar section of TARGET...always and forever my happy place!

9 comments:

ty and megs said...

oh the orange table cloths. i have such fond memories.

love it mama! can't wait to see it in person.

Kara said...

Those towels look perfectly situated! How fun!

Erin said...

I have those exact same towels! I love them. Your redecorating is looking really great. Oh, and Target is my happy place too! :)

Melanie said...

I am in love with those towels! They are too cute and I love what you did with the window.

Diane said...

What a darling redo! Loved the window and the towels! I know exactly what you are saying about the orange...but you are being very conservative in your use!

Juli said...

Is it weird that I see your guest bathroom and it makes me miss coming to your house for Christmas Eve?! Of all the things.

And, I too have humbled myself and allowed orange to creep into my home. It feels weird. But pretty ;-).

bulkleybunch said...

super cute just like everything you do! love you!!!!

Emily said...

Oooo La La look at that window! It looks fabulous! And I'm loving the hand towels as well. Well done! :)

Unknown said...

It's nice to regularly remodel your home depending to your mood so that it will be kept clean and will look new also. But for some mothers who does not have enough budget to remodel your home, you can also make it look new by cleaning them. As for me, I'm into color violet that's why almost everything in our home's color violet. And I maintain it clean by bringing it to some shops who does carpet cleaning in Portland, Oregon. Carpet cleaning in Portland, Oregon have new and improved services for their new and loyal clients.